Epionce Lite Lytic Tx is a core part of an effective daily skin care regimen – and the Epionce line for those with dry or sensitive skin. More than just an “add on,” Lite Lytic Tx is in the “Correct & Boost” step, as it “corrects” a variety of skin imperfections and “boost” the action of the Renewal Facial products.
Lytic products contain two powerful Epionce technologies – Anti-Inflammatory Technology and Keratolytic Technology, which are fundamental to the efficacy of the Epionce line. These technologies work synergistically with Epionce Barrier Repair Technology to improve skin texture, appearance and health.
Key Benefits of Lite Lytic Tx
- Decrease redness and skin irritation
- Reduce skin scale
- Encourage cell turnover to smooth skin texture
- Improve appearance of pores and scars
- Reduction of blemishes such as whiteheads, blackheads, and bumps
- Enhanced delivery and benefit of Renewal Facial products
- Active ingredients are known to help kill four microbes found in the skin known to be a major cause of acne and other skin diseases, including Staphylococcus, Streptococcus, Pseudomonas, Propionibacterium acnes (P. acnes); as well as yeast.
What’s the Difference?
Epionce Lytics were created with specific skin concerns and skin types in mind.
Lite Lytic Tx – 0.5% Salicylic Acid
- Dry/sensitive skin
Lytic Tx – 1.95% Salicylic Acid
- Normal/combination skin
Lytic Plus Tx – 2.95% Salicylic Acid
- Oily/problem skin
Lytic Sport Tx – 1.95% Salicylic Acid and 12x more Azelaic Acid
- Oily and acne-prone
- Active lifestyles or humid climates
How to Use Lite Lytic Tx
- Wait 5-7 minutes after application of a Lytic product before applying a Renewal Facial product. This is important to allow the Lytic to penetrate to the base of the hair follicle to clean out pores and allow Renewals to be more effective.
- Some patients may experience a purging effect as excess microbial growth on the skin decreases. This should subside within 2 weeks.
- If new to Epionce or acid-based treatment products consider starting with a Lite Lytic Tx and work up to a stronger Lytic Tx, Lytic Plus Tx or Lytic Sport Tx
Epionce Keratolytic Technology
Keratolytic Technology helps encourage cell turnover, reduce redness, clean out pores and smooth out skin texture – an exfoliative effect – without creating inflammation or damage to the barrier. This is achieved using a variety of ingredients at specific therapeutic concentrations.
- Salicylic Acid is a well-known ingredient that cleans pores and reduces excess skin scale; it has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial benefits
- Azelaic Acid has anti-inflammatory properties and helps stimulate collagen and elastin synthesis; it is well-known to be highly effective on rosacea
- Willow Bark Extract is a botanical salicylate and provides anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial activity
- Zinc Pyrithione has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-yeast properties; it is effective for clearing problem skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis and seborrheic dermatitis (dandruff)