What is DiolazeXL?
DiolazeXL is an advanced laser hair removal procedure that safely and gently eliminates unwanted hair. DiolazeXL has one of the largest treatment spot sizes making each session convenient and fast. Even better, most patients report little to no pain, due to 3PC Cooling (before, during and after cooling) that provides the ultimate patient comfort.
- Gold standard wavelength, pulsing and power for optimal results and
- maximal safety.
- Powerful enough to target and treat even the most stubborn hair.
- Comfortable treatments thanks to advanced contact cooling.
- Can treat up to skin type VI
How does DiolazeXL work?
The diode laser beam passes through the skin towards active hair follicles. The penetrating energy then heats up the root of the hair, which in turn prevents from future growth.
Does it hurt?
DiolazeXL, one of the best compared to other laser hair removal devices, has a built in cooling surface. Feedback from some patients have noted that it is virtually painless.
Common Treatment Areas
WHAT STEPS MUST BE TAKEN BEFORE THE PROCEDURE?
- Avoid any tanning type 3-4 weeks prior treatment, or use at least 30 SPF sun block.
- Avoid irritant topical agents for 2-3 days before treatment.
- Avoid anticoagulants for 7-10 days prior to treatment, if medically permitted.
- Shave hair 24-48 hours prior to your appointment and arrive with clean skin, free of any lotions or topical products.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT DURING AND AFTER DIOLAZE XL?
- Your skin will be cleansed with a steam towel if necessary to remove any make up or lotions.
- The treatment area will be inspected to ensure the skin is healthy and intact.
- A thin layer of cooling gel is applied to the skin.
- The NP or technician will slide the DiolazeXL hand-piece over the treatment area several times from different directions.
- You will be asked throughout the procedure if you are experiencing any pain or discomfort. If so, please tell your technician so the settings can be adjusted. Lower settings will still achieve the desired result. Pain is not a necessary part of the procedure!!
- Once your hair follicles appear slightly irritated, usually after 2-4 passes, the cooling gel is removed and the treatment area is massaged with a calming moisturizer to minimize any irritation.
HOW MANY SESSIONS ARE RECOMMENDED AND HOW FAR APART ARE THEY?
- The number of treatments is typically varied from 5-8 sessions every 4-8 weeks. As treatment proceeds, the intervals become longer.
- There are longer intervals for body hair (6-8 weeks) than for facial hair (4-6 weeks) in the first 3 sessions. In subsequent sessions the intervals on the face may increase to 8 weeks and on the body to 10-12. Legs may require 15 weeks intervals.
- Lighter and deeper hairs, as well as hormonally-controlled areas, such as chin, are more resistant and may require more treatment sessions.
- The best timing for additional session is when hair regrowth is observed.
- Touch-up treatment session may be needed for sporadic new hair growth due to individual physiological processes.
HOW QUICKLY WILL I SEE RESULTS?
You will see results after the first treatment. You may notice the hair growing back more slowly, less densely, and less course. With each subsequent treatment the results improve until the desired results are achieved.
ARE THERE ANY SIDE EFFECTS?
Side effects are very rare yet possible. Possible side effects of the treatment including: local pain, skin redness (erythema), swelling (edema), damage to the natural skin texture (crust, blister, burn), change of pigmentation (hyper- or hypo-pigmentation), and scarring. Although these effects are rare and expected to be temporary, any adverse reaction should be reported immediately.
ARE THERE ANY CONTRAINDICATIONS?
Please inform the nurse practitioner and technician prior to treatment if you have any of the following conditions that may make you unsuitable for Laser Hair Removal treatments.
- Pregnancy or nursing
- Under 18 years of age (unless there is parents consent)
- Pacemaker or internal defibrillator or any electronic Implant such as glucose monitor
- Permanent implant in the treated area such as metal plates and screws, silicone implants or an injected chemical substance
- Current or history of cancer, especially skin cancer, or pre-malignant moles
- Impaired immune system due to immunosuppressive diseases such as AIDS and HIV, or use of immunosuppressive medications
- Severe concurrent conditions such as cancer, cardiac disorders, epilepsy, uncontrolled hypertension, and liver or kidney diseases
- A history of diseases stimulated by heat, such as recurrent Herpes Simplex in the treatment area (prophylactic treatment may be given)
- Any active condition in the treatment area, such as sores, psoriasis, eczema and rash as well as excessively/freshly tanned skin
- History of skin disorders such as keloid scarring, abnormal wound healing, as well as very dry, cracked, ulcerated, infected and fragile skin
- Tattoos, permanent make-up, pigmented lesions (to be kept) in the treatment area
- Any medical condition that might impair skin healing
- Poorly controlled endocrine disorders, such as diabetes or thyroid dysfunction
- Any surgical, invasive, ablative procedure in the treatment area in the last 3 months or before complete healing
- Use of Isotretinoin (Accutane) within 6 months prior to treatment